Peter J. Holfelder's Resume
Web and mobile developer (iOS and Android).
Business intelligence developer with big data experience.
Team lead and manager.
Hands-on experience in
technical architecture, design, development, and deployment of business
intelligence and web-based applications. Project experience in various
business verticals including finance, healthcare, defense, postal, education,
telecom and technology. Experience working with commercial and government
organizations. Strong background in software quality processes, metrics,
and practices, with experience in CMMI Level 4 projects.
Principal Software Engineer - MetLife
2014 - present
- Responsible for all technical development and delivery for the Institutional Data Warehouse.
Product Manager, Data Warehouse - PRA Health Services
2009 - 2014
- Responsible for technical development and delivery for PRA's Data Warehouse and PRACMS operational reporting datastore.
Technical Director - Resolvit
- Responsible for business development and technical development and delivery for Resolvit's consulting engagements in the Raleigh metro area.
Consulting Manager - Claraview, Inc.
2006 - 2007
- Led a migration from Business Objects 6.1 to Business Objects XI R2 for the Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance. The migration included:
The migration team included me, a contractor specializing in Business Objects installation and configuration, and a consultant who performed the security mapping and Windows AD integration. We worked with the client's Windows administrators, database administrators, and a line-of-business manager for business requirements.
- design of an architecture to support full-lifecycle development of universes and reports,
- setup and initial configuration of XI R2 on Windows 2003 using Sybase as the repository database,
- migration of content from the 6.1 system to XI R2 using the Import Wizard,
- conversion of desktopIntelligence documents to WebIntelligence documents using the Report Conversion Tool,
- integration of XI R2 with Windows Active Directory for authentication.
- mapping of the 6.1 security requirements to the XI R2 security model.
- Led the development of a prototype retail reporting front-end using MicroStrategy for Verisign Retail Data Services. The team included me, a MicroStrategy Architect, and two MicroStrategy report developers. The engagement included:
- Requirements collection, refinement, and validation.
- Vetted design alternatives with MicroStrategy architect and Verisign product management and technical staff.
- Produced design documentation.
- Managed development of MicroStrategy project - schema objects, attributes, metrics, filters, etc.
- Managed development of MicroStrategy reports.
- Developed a proof-of-concept reporting system for unstructured customer survey data for a major hotelier, using Clarabridge Mining Platform, Business Objects XI R2, and Oracle 10g, on Windows 2003.
- Developed a proof-of-concept reporting system for unstructured customer survey data for a major enterprise software vendor, using Clarabridge Mining Platform, Business Objects XI R2, and Oracle 10g, on Windows 2003.
Manager - Accenture
January 2000 - April 2006
- Led a team of 4 technical architects which implemented a development architecture and environment for a data warehouse application for the Defense Logistics Agency and managed the migration of the architecture to the client site. The application used Business Objects, Informatica, webMethods, and Oracle platforms. CA Harvest and Visual SourceSafe were used for configuration management. Rational Requisite Pro was used for requirements management. Rational ClearQuest was used for defect management and change request management. Rational Test Manager was used for test case and condition management. The remote environment was hosted on Citrix
- Led a development team of 20 during the final development phase of a data warehouse application for the Defense Logistics Agency. Code modules included Informatica sessions and workflows, Business Objects universe and queries, Oracle stored procedures, Perl scripts, webMethods sessions, and Unix shell scripts.
- Provided estimates and roadmap for an architecture and software upgrade for the internal sales and employee portal for Nextel Communications. The target architecture used the Vignette suite.
- Led a team of 4 developers and technical architects which implemented an upgrade of WebTrends site-metrics collection software for the Internal Revenue Service.
- Led a team of 6 developers which developed single-sign-on architecture and related Web services for the U.S. Postal Service to support their e-commerce initiatives using the BroadVision platform.
- Created data model for single-sign-on architecture and online payment architecture for the U.S. Postal Service to support their e-commerce initiatives.
B.S. - Physics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY